- Public Works
- Street Division
Effective January 1st, 2023, household garbage and special pick up rates will increase. Click here Version OptionsStreet DivisionHeadline for more information or call (850) 482-4353.
Curb side or Yard Trash Pick-up Policy
The City of Marianna provides curb side or yard trash pick-up services. Through our efforts, and with your help, we strive to promote a cleaner, more beautiful City.
Yard trash will be collected city-wide every two weeks. In order to meet State of Florida requirements, the City of Marianna requires separation of yard trash from residential garbage as yard trash cannot be placed into lined landfills.
Your help is required in order to ensure a timely, efficient pick-up. Therefore, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Yard trash should be placed curb side at the edge of the street in a single pile for collection, and may be placed in heavy duty trash bags or cardboard boxes. Do not place yard trash in streets or gutters, as it could cause a traffic hazard and/or wash into storm drains.
- Please ensure that tree limbs are no more than eight inches in diameter and eight feet in length.
Because of size of bulk, some items cannot be handled by regular methods. If contractors or companies are working at your home, require them to include trash removal as part of the job. If accommodations cannot be made with the contractor, hire a private collection service, or call the City to arrange for a special service pick-up.
Items handled by Special Service Pick-up include but are not limited to:
- Tree stumps, tree trunks, and limbs larger than eight inches in diameter.
- Household furnishings such as sofas, chairs, mattresses, box springs, televisions, tables, small air conditioners, space heaters, and other large items which cannot be placed into your garbage container.
- “White Goods” such as stoves, washers, refrigerators, dryers, freezers, etc. (with doors removed)
For these items please contact the Public Works Department for scheduling and fees.
A few hints to keep all our homes and yards clean:
- Keep yard trash separate from other debris at the curb.
- Do not place yard trash under trees or low hanging wires or too close to mailboxes, power poles, vehicles, etc.
- Do not place yard trash in the street or gutter.
For more information and to schedule a pick-up, please call (850) 482-4129.