Marianna Fire & Rescue employs both full-time Firefighter/EMT's as well as Auxiliary Firefighters. Auxiliary firefighters work part-time as needed. If you are interested in an auxiliary position with Marianna Fire & Rescue please click HERE.
In order to be considered for employment as a Firefighter with Marianna Fire - Rescue, all applicants must:
- Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License or be able to obtain a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Be at least 18 years of age at time-of-hire and have a minimum of a High School Diploma or a valid G.E.D. (Graduation Equivalency Diploma).
- Possess a valid State of Florida Firefighter Minimum Standard Certification as outlined in Florida Statutes Chapter 633.35 or Emergency Medical Technician Basic Certification upon initial employment, and be able to acquire the additional certification EMT-B or Florida Standards within the one(1) year probationary period.
- Neither have been convicted of a felony or of a misdemeanor directly related to the position of employment sought, nor have pled nolo contendere to any charge of a felony (See Florida Statutes Chapter 633.34 for details).
- In an Emergency and/or standby situation, be able to report to his /her regular workstation in a maximum of 30 minutes from the time of notification.
- Participate in a Preliminary Interview process conducted by an Interview Board composed of various ranks from Marianna Fire - Rescue.
- Applicants must have completed and passed the Marianna Fire & Rescue Physical Abilities Entrance Exam to qualify for employment.
Subsequent to the interview process and prior to confirmation of employment, the prospective employee must meet the City of Marianna’s employment physical standard which includes a Drug / Alcohol Screening process.
The City of Marianna is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants for employment must submit to a Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Screening Process. Failure to submit to or having a “Positive and Confirmed” result on a Pre-Employment Screening Process will result in the applicant being ineligible for employment with the City of Marianna. Additionally, All Certified Firefighters employed by Marianna Fire - Rescue are subject to subsequent Drug and Alcohol Screening in accordance with City and Fire Department Policies. This includes Pre-Employment, Post Accident / Injury, Random and Reasonable Suspicion Drug and Alcohol Screening.
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Marianna Fire - Rescue, click on the following link to go directly to the Employment Application Procedures on the City's Website.
For information on our Auxiliary(Part Time) Employment Program, please contact our Auxiliary Program Coordinator Cpt. Eric Deloach at (850)482-2414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.