Marianna Fire & Rescue employs a force of 10 auxiliary firefighters in addition to our 15 full-time combat firefighters. Auxiliary firefighters are hourly-rate paid positions. These employees are considered part-time and are called to work as needed to fill vacancies or to provide additional personnel if needed. Any individual with interest in becoming an auxiliary firefighter must meet the following criteria:
AUXILIARY FIREFIGHTER REQUIREMENTS:
- Possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
- Be at least 18 years of age at time-of-hire and have a High School Diploma or a valid G.E.D. (Graduation Equivalency Diploma).
- Possess a valid State of Florida Firefighter II Minimum Standard Certification as outlined in Florida Statutes Chapter 633.35. EMT certification is not required, but is preferred.
- Neither have been convicted of a felony or of a misdemeanor directly related to the position of employment sought, nor have pled nolo contendere to any charge of a felony (See Florida Statutes Chapter 633.34 for details).
- In an Emergency and/or standby situation, be able to report from home to his /her regular workstation in a reasonable amount of time after notification.
- Complete a City of Marianna General Employment Application. Applications are available at City Hall or by clicking HERE. Completed applications must be delivered to Auxiliary Program Coordinator Aaron Neal at Marianna Fire & Rescue Station #15. Applications submitted are valid for a period of no more than 6 months. Additional documents that must be submitted with application:
- Copy of valid FL Firefighter II Certification
- Copy of FL Driver's License
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of most recent physical
- Any additional documents the applicant wishes to be considered
- Applicants must sit for the Marianna Fire & Rescue Auxiliary Entrance Exam. This is a written exam made up of 50 general firefighting knowledge questions taken from the Essentials of Fire Fighting textbook. A passing score on this exam is considered 20 or fewer incorrect answers.
- Applicants must successfully complete and pass the Marianna Fire & Rescue Physical Abilities Test.
- Only applicants who successfully complete and pass both the written and physical exam will considered for employment.
*Auxiliary Entrance Exam and Physical Abilities Test will be scheduled by Marianna Fire & Rescue and applicants will be notified by phone regarding when and where to report for testing.*