In 1942, the Army Airfield was opened and served as a training base for the southeast Army Air Force training command. In 1947, the US Government released control of the majority of the base back to the City of Marianna. In 1952 The base was reacquired by the US Government and became the Graham Air Base. the base was again deactivated in 1960 and since has belonged to the City of Marianna.
For full Marianna Municipal Airport history, click the links below: History of Marianna Municipal Airport