The City of Marianna and Main Street Marianna would like to encourage everyone to have a safe Halloween. Halloween is on Saturday, October 31st this year. Please be mindful of your neighbors and utilize the following safety tips:
- Only approach houses with exterior lights on.
- Use CDC guidelines for social distancing when in public areas.
- Be sure all costumes and accessories have reflective tape.
- Utilize glow sticks for visibility if possible.
- A responsible adult should accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds
- Watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully
- At twilight and later in the evening, watch for children in dark clothing.
- We encourage everyone to use sidewalks when walking to each house rather than driving a vehicle and parking on curbs. This minimizes the chances of a passing vehicle striking a pedestrian.